Remove unnecessary items from right-click menu in Edge

MVP

fdsfsfs.png

Normal users that are not web developers will probably use them less often, so it's be better to have an option to only activate them when we want to, from developer tools.

gfdgd.png

48 Replies
Please send feedback from your Edge browser and tell developers about this, the more people ask for this, the sooner we will get it.

press Edge's (...) menu button => Help and feedback => Send feedback

(shortcut: Alt + shift + i )
Yes, very much needed. Most of the items are just useless for most of the users including Devs also. Dev team should consider this request and implement something that suits all.
The option to rearrange the context menu should be added too.

Hi
Such a discussion is very necessary - I believe that the context in Edge is excessively extensive!
It would be best to do 2 versions of the context (simplified) and for advanced!
Already at the beginning of the default should be a switch that helps and provides comfort to the ordinary user, and advanced can easily expand thanks to
switch and then expand the full shimmering contextual Edge by default!
I would suggest such an idea because everyone will have according to their own -
opportunities and tastes!
The switch is a good proposition!
Thank you

That's good for developers but useless for regular users and should be a option nothing more than that

Witam! Obecnie jestem zdecydowanie przeciwny pań sugestii - dla zwykłego użytkownika narzędzia są bezużyteczne, jest prawdą, ale nie widzę potrzeby ich ukrywania - usunięcia - korzyści jakie z tego wynikają? Potrzebuję tych narzędzi, jak wielu użytkowników online do analizy sesji - jego błędy! Dodam zrzut ekranu, z któregoś jest, że są jeden na dole ustawień tabeli i nie rozumiem, dlaczego ci przeszkadza? Krawędź mi się podoba bo ma taki kontekst i działa - Usuńmy rzeczy, które nie działają! Andrzej

I like the development tools me are needed! In Edge

I’m not a web developer, and those looking for a missing ‘inspect’ option might be annoyed but would be able to figure out where to turn it on.

“View source”, on the other hand, has been in the right-click menu of most (nearly all?) web browsers for nearly a quarter-century.

I won’t bother listing uses for non-developers, but be assured that they exist. I’ve seen people abandon browsers for lack of such an option (I believe the source was hidden under ‘Inspect’ at one time in ... Chrome??).

Older folks may have come to rely on ‘View Source’ being there, and young people may one day become the web developers of the future if they can stumble on raw html by clicking on an option in a menu.

- - - -

If you must:

Maybe auto-hide it after a time if it hasn’t been used in say, three months. Then, if the right-menu is left open for more than 5 seconds, the remaining options can fade in slowly.

@JimGrisham 

Spoiler

@JimGrisham wrote:
I’m not a web developer, and those looking for a missing ‘inspect’ option might be annoyed but would be able to figure out where to turn it on.

“View source”, on the other hand, has been in the right-click menu of most (nearly all?) web browsers for nearly a quarter-century.

I won’t bother listing uses for non-developers, but be assured that they exist. I’ve seen people abandon browsers for lack of such an option (I believe the source was hidden under ‘Inspect’ at one time in ... Chrome??).

Older folks may have come to rely on ‘View Source’ being there, and young people may one day become the web developers of the future if they can stumble on raw html by clicking on an option in a menu.

- - - -

If you must:

Maybe auto-hide it after a time if it hasn’t been used in say, three months. Then, if the right-menu is left open for more than 5 seconds, the remaining options can fade in slowly.

it's not just them, there are other options too, in the end, the right-click menu should be customizable for all the reasons mentioned in this thread.

@Deleted 

Spoiler

@Deleted wrote:

Witam! Obecnie jestem zdecydowanie przeciwny pań sugestii - dla zwykłego użytkownika narzędzia są bezużyteczne, jest prawdą, ale nie widzę potrzeby ich ukrywania - usunięcia - korzyści jakie z tego wynikają? Potrzebuję tych narzędzi, jak wielu użytkowników online do analizy sesji - jego błędy! Dodam zrzut ekranu, z któregoś jest, że są jeden na dole ustawień tabeli i nie rozumiem, dlaczego ci przeszkadza? Krawędź mi się podoba bo ma taki kontekst i działa - Usuńmy rzeczy, które nie działają! Andrzej

I like the development tools me are needed! In Edge

it will be optional. default won't change.

@Deleted 

Spoiler

@Deleted wrote:

Hi
Such a discussion is very necessary - I believe that the context in Edge is excessively extensive!
It would be best to do 2 versions of the context (simplified) and for advanced!
Already at the beginning of the default should be a switch that helps and provides comfort to the ordinary user, and advanced can easily expand thanks to
switch and then expand the full shimmering contextual Edge by default!
I would suggest such an idea because everyone will have according to their own -
opportunities and tastes!
The switch is a good proposition!
Thank you

like i said, it will be optional. there is absolutely nothing wrong with that, it will only be more useful.

If the additional option - it's OK!
If the additional option - it's OK! Thank you for your broader explanations Andrew
excellent idea, ms should make this happen.
the fact that this isn't an option yet is so annoying. it's so bloated.
It is a complete mess.
Microsoft for once nailed it and made a really good browser that consume pretty fair amount of resource (not sure how) but failed hard at managing UI.

But I do use these options. OTOH, I have no need for a QR code or a Cast Media option. Other options I do use, but I prefer to use them in the main menu or the toolbar. 

There are 16 or so options in my context menu, and I only ever 4 or 5 of them. Very distratcting.

In my case The Big Context Menu drops from top of my screen to bottom totally. It hurts me.

@HotCakeX 

Why not QUESTION MARK.