SOLVED

Remember PDF position disable option

Copper Contributor

Recently, Edge implemented an option so that when you open a previosuly opened pdf, it will remember position and zoom of the last time. See this (Microsoft Edge Remember where you left off in PDFs) . This is useful but not always, so i would like an option to disable this option. It can be annoying when comparing two files when making a pdf work.

4 Replies
best response confirmed by serrgiofdezz (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hey there @serrgiofdezz!

You can head over to edge://settings/content/pdfDocuments from the address bar and toggle the PDF view settings ("Open PDFs to last viewed location when you reopen files") off. 

Alex Rowell (she/her)
Community Manager - Microsoft Edge
Discuss Stable features and issues on the answers.microsoft.com forums, join us on Twitter, or join the communities over on Reddit in r/MicrosoftEdge or r/edge

Thank you, really useful!

Was that a new option? I remember checking an option for that before posting...
It's a bit hidden in the site permissions, I had to search for it to remember where it was specifically. Glad it's the setting you're looking for though! =)

@Alexandra-R : I created an account to go Kiosk mode with Microsoft edge, turned on this setting for PDF , however PDFs still scroll up to 1st page when I do back and forth between 2 pdfs. Any suggestions? Does Kisok mode need to have separate settings?

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by serrgiofdezz (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hey there @serrgiofdezz!

You can head over to edge://settings/content/pdfDocuments from the address bar and toggle the PDF view settings ("Open PDFs to last viewed location when you reopen files") off. 

Alex Rowell (she/her)
Community Manager - Microsoft Edge
Discuss Stable features and issues on the answers.microsoft.com forums, join us on Twitter, or join the communities over on Reddit in r/MicrosoftEdge or r/edge

View solution in original post