SOLVED

Recent Edge Chromium beta/dev organization user problems

Brass Contributor

Hi

I have now used Edge Chromium for months, since I changed from Google Chrome. And I have also installed it on my work computer, but signed in with my private outlook user. Until recently Edge Beta on my work computer were separat from my work user and everything were good.

In December I changed computer, and with the new PC I had some problems setting up my privat user profile in Edge Beta, but after some tries it worked (but already back then suddenly my work user were also a profile I could not remove, since Edge Beta uses the Windows 10 user profiles (sadly)). I have had some problems with my new PC, so today I once more got a new PC.

When I then tried to install and setup my Edge Beta/dev again, I can no longer make a profile for my private user, the Active Directory politics now stops me from doing so. So I cannot do any kind of syncing with my private profile, since profile simply cannot be added. I can only make profiles that are linked to my work, which of course my privat profile is not.

Is this due to the policies at my work has changed, or due to changes in Edge Beta that now much closer links the browser to Win10 user profiles?

For me this really sucks! As it is now one of the main reasons for me going over to Edge Beta are gone; I can as the situation is now, no longer use Edge Beta with my privat user at work (in other words no syncing of any kind).

26 Replies
I think the AD policies would still affect you either way

@HotCakeX Yes, it would stop me from making new linked profiles, but the old one worked before I got the last computer :) Why it sucked I had to change it...

The old one, which doesn't exist anymore, had a problem and it was a security risk because it wasn't obeying corporate policy. it probably had lots of other security issues that could compromise and harm you :)

@HotCakeX It did excist on the 1 month old computer, that was the point, there it worked the same day I got the new one. It was never deleted.

On the new computer I can no longer make a new linked profile, that is the problem, that is what is stoped in the new policy.

The problem is not with Edge, it's the policy set by your organization that prevent you to do it.
it's intentional. you confirmed it yourself too.

@HotCakeX You are missunderstanding me. But we can let it go, nothing more to do about this :)