Rebind private window shortcut to Ctrl + Shift + P

Deleted
Not applicable

Would be nice if the private window shortcut was rebound to 'Ctrl + Shift + P', like every other browser (except chrome). 

Thanks. 

6 Replies

@Deleted Thanks for sharing your thoughts! We've received a number of requests for this change, so the team is definitely aware of this. However, if you'd like to add your voice as a "+1" for it, feel free to submit feedback through the browser (Shift+Alt+I).

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

I think I already did, twice. Any updates on this feature being planned or not would be great!

@Deleted 

Currently Ctrl + Shift + P on the edge calls the print window
I believe they must be having problems with this, as the edge and chrome have two print windows
Ctrl + Shift + P (Chromium impression window)
Ctrl + P (Operating system print window)

So basically they would need
- Move the chromium printing shortcut to another shortcut
or
- Remove this window and just leave the print window via the operating system

It is a decision that needs to be taken carefully so as not to break the experience of users who already use both print modes

I understand, but all other browsers (apart from chrome) use Ctrl + Shift + P. I would either like to be able to reconfigure it, or have it set to the binding used by other browsers, as it eases development experience.

@Deleted 

"I would either like to be able to reconfigure it, or have it set to the binding used by other browsers, as it eases development experience."

A great idea.

I hope there's an update on this, or at the least an approx roadmap .