Re-doing favorites

Brass Contributor

I want to completely clear out all Favorites so I can re-import them. The import part is easy but dunno how to remove all existing ones at once.

So far I haven't found a way to do that with this chromium-based version. Anyone know how?

Jonathan

8 Replies

@JonathanLeslie 

On the menu, select Favorites > Manage Favorites.

Click on the right pane and then use Ctrl > A to select all the favorites.

Click on Delete.

@Deleted 

Unfortunately that doesn't work for me. Ctrl-A does not select everything on the left side, it only selects everything on the right side of whatever is selected on the left.

Jonathan

@JonathanLeslie 

I thought that is what you wanted to do.  For example, if you select Favorites Bar on the left and then click in the right pane and use Ctrl > A, it will select all the favorites (and folders) under Favorites Bar.  Then clicking on Delete will delete them.

@Deleted 

What I want to do is delete all Favorites at once so it's like the first time opening a browser after installing it.

While using Ctrl-A would select all Favorites in a folder such as the Favorites Bar, I'd have to go down my list of Favorites and select each folder, one at a time, do Ctrl-A to select all Favorites in that folder, delete, then move on to the next folder.

I have a lot of folders so it would take awhile. I was hoping there was a way to basically do what amounts to a reset of Favorites so in one action they're all deleted.

Jonathan

@JonathanLeslie 

I see.  I have all my favorites under the favorites bar so I didn't think of the possibility of having a lot of folders on the left hand side.  As far as I know there is no way to do what you want.  Hopefully someone from Microsoft will see this and make an enhancement to the program.  Good Luck!

Bll

Well to be honest it's not very common someone decides to delete all of their bookmarks and at the same time they do have lots of folders.
i think since it's a one-time thing (most of the time) then it's alright if it takes few mins longer do delete folders individually.

with that being said, nothing stops you to use 3rd party extensions. there must be extensions that manage bookmarks differently and i used to use them before on Google Chrome.

@HotCakeX I'm sorry to hear that because it would be nice to have a "reset browser" option which would set it back to how it was when first run before any changes were made to it.

It's going to take me a while as I have lots of folders because they represent many years worth of collecting bookmarks/favorites.

Oh you can do that from here:
edge://settings/reset