"Suggest Strong Passwords" isn't working for me.

Brass Contributor
I've tried "Suggest Strong Passwords," but it's not working for me.

I'm on Edge Beta 88.0.705.49

To test, I went to a web site (for which I had no prior account) and went to create an account. I expected Edge to offer passwords. But it didn't.

How do I get this working? Am I missing something?

(Secondarily, how do I use this feature when I change a password? Seems to me, Edge only offers the existing password to fill the password field (not new "Strong Passwords." What I really want to do is replace my old simple passwords with complex ones generated by Edge.)
25 Replies
So I think that means there are improvements in the canary channel for password suggestion, that haven't been rolled out to the stable channel yet.

@HotCakeX yes that seems right. Actually I was wrong about the right click strong password in stable. I have the option when I click left. See the attachment. That is on stable.

Yes, those are autofill suggestions, data you already entered, thanks for letting me know
Thank you @HotCakeX! We are committed to improve the coverage of the password generator and contributions like yours help a lot!
Your post is now 2 years old, but still not working, someone tried to access my gmail with correct password (was a easy password). but edge is not giving a strong password. They should simply add a feature in Microsoft authenticator to get random passwords

@WakeelFurqanAhmed 

@WakeelFurqanAhmed wrote:
Your post is now 2 years old, but still not working, someone tried to access my gmail with correct password (was a easy password). but edge is not giving a strong password. They should simply add a feature in Microsoft authenticator to get random passwords

I like this idea, for websites that Edge doesn't automatically suggest to generate strong password, there can be a button in Edge password manager where we can manually generate a strong password and also select the length and characters used in the generated password.