"Show icon only" option isn't working for favourites not visible in the favourites bar

Iron Contributor

As the title says, the option to show icons only for favourites (bookmarks) that are revealed by clicking the arrow in the far right of the favourites bar isn't working, only for those that are visible. This is a relatively old issue that hasn't been fixed yet, even on Canary builds.

5 Replies
To add to that, favorites' icon-only status is not recognized by the favorite syncing either.

@vista_fan89 

Why would you want icon only shown for favorites overflowing from a horizontal bar to a vertical list?

@HotCakeX Actually, favourite syncing functionality as whole is broken at the moment, don't even bother with it.

@Bruce Roberts But what's the problem with wanting to see only the icons of the additional favourites in the vertical list? Even if I didn't mind, I'm reporting a feature that is partially broken and that should be fixed then.

As far as i know, Favorite syncing only has problem on the Dev channel, but between canary and Beta/Stable channels, it's working fine

@vista_fan89 Thanks for bringing this to our attention! I'll bring this up with our Favorites product team.

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge