SOLVED

"Show icon only" isn't working to me

Deleted
Not applicable

Untitled-1a.fw.png

Untitled-1.fw.png

I'm in the latest build of Canary. The favorites bar shows the label of every icon again every time I open the browser.

This doesn't occur in the Dev version.

I reinstalled the Canary version but the issue persists.

4 Replies
is there any other Edge insider browsers on the same device or on other devices connected to the same Microsoft account as your Canary?

Hi @HotCakeX 

Yes, I have Canary installed in other PC, and the problem also occurs in that PC

best response
Solution
Hi, it's a known issue with the Sync in Edge.
Sync is not currently reliable enough to recognize the right changes in user data and distribute them across other syncing devices.
lots of other members (including me) are experiencing the same thing.

I personally try to only keep one instance of Edge insider connected to the same Microsoft account to prevent sync from accidentally overwrite my data (bookmarks, passwords etc)

"We wanted users that had multiple devices with different screen sizes (our favorite one is a Surface Studio owner who has a Surface Go for travel) to have control of "Show icon only" for each device. We are exploring a way to set this setting for multiple favorites so it's more efficient. "

that means whether a favorite is set to icon-only or not is not going to be synced between different devices.

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/discussions/dev-channel-update-to-81-0-410-1-is-live/m-p/1164...

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response
Solution
Hi, it's a known issue with the Sync in Edge.
Sync is not currently reliable enough to recognize the right changes in user data and distribute them across other syncing devices.
lots of other members (including me) are experiencing the same thing.

I personally try to only keep one instance of Edge insider connected to the same Microsoft account to prevent sync from accidentally overwrite my data (bookmarks, passwords etc)

View solution in original post