SOLVED

"Browser out of date" message on Edge for Android

Iron Contributor

I'm using the Microsoft Edge on PC and phone since a long time ago and I always keep the all my apps up to date via Play Store.

I'm, including, a beta tester and, in theory I'm in the last version, however, even that, I'm receiving the message "browser out of date" or "Please, update your browser" in a lot of sites.

I took two screenshots (attached bellow) from this one, but the text is in Portuguese. I needed download the Chrome for open this two sites and view its content.

My version is the 45.09.24.5074 (updated yesterday). I'm with a Galaxy S10e running the Android 10 in the last update as well.

7 Replies
I can't read/understand what it's saying but it could be 2 things. either those sites are not popular and don't support Edge user agent (for some weird reason) or tracking prevention at max and some sort of blocking is causing that.

@vctgomes well that message is not obvious given the fact that Edge on mobile still runs version 77 of Chromium, whereas we are testing v87 on Desktop. Just type edge://flags or search Google for 'my user agent' in address bar and see the results. I have sent feedback so many times to the team, but they have not responded a single time.

@Rohit Yadav yeah. I just googled my user agent and I saw exactly what you've said. The Edge beta is running the chrome 77, while the Stable Chrome is running the chrome 83.

It's really a pity that Edge for Android is abandoned. So many bugs, features missing, design problems and more. 

best response confirmed by vctgomes (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@vctgomes 

Hi,

Edge on Android is now on the latest version, the same as Edge desktop, everything is new and up to date.

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/discussions/new-edge-canary-mobile-version-available-now-upda...

So incredible ! Wonderful ! Will there be a dev channel?

@Tio_Dep 

@Tio_Dep wrote:
So incredible ! Wonderful ! Will there be a dev channel?

We don't know yet but I'd assume yes, after a while

Thank youuu! Now I can go back to use the Edge for Android (and I already did!)
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by vctgomes (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@vctgomes 

Hi,

Edge on Android is now on the latest version, the same as Edge desktop, everything is new and up to date.

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/discussions/new-edge-canary-mobile-version-available-now-upda...

View solution in original post