Profile error in Canary

Steel Contributor

Since yesterday's Canary update, every time I start Edge Canary I get a 'Profile error - Some features may not be available. Something went wrong.' message. Although Canary then finishes launching and appears to work OK. This has continued after today's update, to 90.0.794.0, and after a re-start following a Windows 10 update, but I do not get the Profile Error message with Edge Dev or standard. Any idea how to clear it in Canary?

29 Replies
I'm not getting this error despite being on the same OS and Edge version, can you attach a screenshot of that error message please?

@HotCakeX 

EdgeError.jpg

@DavidGB 

I am getting this as well started Monday I believe.

@DavidGB I am receiving this error as well and have reported it via Send feedback. For me it started in 793 and continued in 794.

I've also reported it via Send Feedback, and as well as the usual instant auto-acknowledgement email yesterday evening, I got a further one today saying they are actively looking into it now. Hopefully a fix soon, then.

Hey folks! 

Just an update that we're investigating this, thanks for your reports! =)

-Alex

Yep, same with me. I have sent in FB on it...

Dennis5mile

@Alexandra-R I am still seeing this issue on 90.0.795.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit) on two systems. On both systems, Edge Canary on 794 would not reopen until I signed out of my Windows account and back in. Today when I signed out of my Windows account and back in, the upgrade to 795 was complete and Edge Canary will now reopen successfully.

I too am still seeing the problem on 795. But in my case, once the OK button is clicked in the error message, Edge has finished starting and worked without any problem (at least that I've come across) in all versions since this issue has appeared.

@Alexandra-R I am still seeing this error message after updating to Version 90.0.796.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit) today.

@Alexandra-R On one of my computers the problem came back where Edge Canary would not open until I signed out of my Windows account and signed back in.

@Alexandra-R I found in one test that if I stopped all the Microsoft Edge processes in the Task Manager, Edge Canary would open successfully without signing out of my Windows account and signing in again. But there were a lot of processes to be stopped.

@Alexandra-R I am still seeing the profile error and still see the problem with Edge Canary not opening sometimes until I stop the Microsoft Edge processes in Task Manager.

Version 90.0.800.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)

@Alexandra-R 

Version 90.0.801.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)

I am still seeing the profile error and still see the problem with Edge Canary not opening sometimes until I stop the Microsoft Edge processes in Task Manager.

Same here. Still seeing this error.....

Dennis5mile

@Dennis5mile @ms4132 thanks for continuing to update on this and check in!

Just want to confirm if you're seeing this error in Dev as well after the weekly update or just Canary? Also, please file feedback on the latest version of Canary. 

No updates to share on our side yet, though the team is still digging in to this. 

@Alexandra-R I updated to Version 90.0.802.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit) a few minutes ago. So far I have not experienced either issue (profile error, Edge not opening). I will Send feedback if on the current Canary version and post an update if either problem shows up again.

I don't normally use Dev, but should be able to test it sometime today. I will post an update if I see the problem in Dev.

@Alexandra-R 

Seeing profile error in latest dev and canary (802).

@Alexandra-R I tested Dev and do not receive the profile error. But I am now again seeing the profile error on Canary Version 90.0.802.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit). I also had to stop all the Microsoft Edge processes after testing Dev in order to allow Canary to open successfully. Since then Canary has not been blocked again, but now I am getting the Profile Error box again. Sometimes it shows up on the taskbar without displaying the window and disappears and sometimes the message window is displayed.