Problems with how web apps are handled when closing/opening Edge Dev

Brass Contributor

I reported this earlier using the "smiley" feedback button. After a couple of Dev release updates the problem still exists so I thought I'd report it here as well.

I have Edge Dev set to continue where I left off on startup. It works fine as long as I'm only use Edge "proper." I also have several websites installed as web apps. Here are two problematic scenarios:

1. Open "main" Edge, and open one or more tabs
  2. Open a web app
  3. Close the main Edge window (expecting to see the open tabs upon re-launch)
  4. Close the web app window
  5. Re-launch Edge
  6. An Edge window opens with none of the last-used tabs (from step 1), only the "new tab" tab
  7. The last-closed web app window also opens

Second scenario:

1. Open main Edge, and open one or more tabs
  2. Close that Edge window (expecting to see the open tabs upon re-launch)
  3. Open a web app
  4. Close the web app window
  5. Re-launch Edge
  6. An Edge window opens with none of the last-used tabs (from step 1), only the "new tab" tab
  7. The last-closed web app window also opens

For purposes of starting where I left off, I think the main Edge window (and its open tabs) should be treated independently from any open web app windows. Furthermore, I'd like to think of the web apps as any other app, and so I don't think they should re-open at all when re-launching Edge.

Thanks. And great job to the new Edge dev team - exciting stuff!

Edit: Note that when having an Edge window and a web app window open at the same time, if I close the web app window first, then close Edge, upon re-launching Edge the last-used tabs will re-open as expected.

2 Replies
Thanks for the detailed bug report. We really appreciate it! This is a known issue that we're tracking. Thanks for your patience.
Glad to know you've got it - thanks for the update.