SOLVED

Problems in Microsoft Edge Canary

Silver Contributor

I am finding many problems today from when I have opened Microsoft Edge Canary. The version is 85.0.537.0. Firstly, when I opened and started updating Microsoft Edge, it stuck at 66% and was not responding, so I closed it. When I reopened it, Edge started showing some notifications one-by-one that all of my extensions have crashed. Then I saw that none of the webpages was opening, even NTP. So, after trying a handful of times I came to a conclusion of uninstalling and then reinstalling the browser. The browser uninstalled successfully but when I downloaded and opened the installer, it started showing an error given below:

Error given by installer when trying to install Microsoft Edge Canary.Error given by installer when trying to install Microsoft Edge Canary.

So now I am stuck here. I hope that the issue fixes soon.

3 Replies
best response confirmed by TheShaunSaw (Silver Contributor)
Solution

@TheShaunSaw 

Now you can only wait or try to download the installer again. You can also restart your PC, maybe that would solve the problem.

When I update edge canary, it every time gets stuck on 66% or 69% or 79% for 5-6 minutes. Maybe next time you should try waiting for longer.

I am still having problems with it. I cannot export favourites and import them from another web browser. It says its done, but nothing's there.

@Valerie28 

I think the issue you have raised in the reply is not related to this conversation. Please open a new conversation in this community as your issue can be seen by more people and users can discuss it there without confusion.

I would also recommend you to send feedback about this bug through the in-app feedback tool in Microsoft Edge (Alt+Shift+I) with the diagnostics attached in order to help the Microsoft Edge dev team to resolve your issue as soon as possible. Please also include from which browser you are trying to import data.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by TheShaunSaw (Silver Contributor)
Solution

@TheShaunSaw 

Now you can only wait or try to download the installer again. You can also restart your PC, maybe that would solve the problem.

When I update edge canary, it every time gets stuck on 66% or 69% or 79% for 5-6 minutes. Maybe next time you should try waiting for longer.

View solution in original post