Problem: Edge chromium Dev not opening

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I was using Edge chromium Dev version since few days and it was working fine. But after using a 3rd party app for PC boost (my fault), edge chromium is not opening. It is showing following error

Microsoft edge screen shot.jpg

I tried to completely uninstall edge chromium and install it. But still it showing same error.

Any help appreciated. 

Thanks

5 Replies

Hi@jakkaas 

Please try to uninstall "Chromium Dev" fully using below Microsoft uninstaller tools. Restart your machine and re-install it again.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17588/windows-fix-problems-that-block-programs-being-instal...

Thank you

Dav,

@Deleted wrote:

Hi@jakkaas 

Please try to uninstall "Chromium Dev" fully using below Microsoft uninstaller tools. Restart your machine and re-install it again.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17588/windows-fix-problems-that-block-programs-being-installed-or-removed

Thank you

Dav,

@Deleted 

Hello Dav

The above solution is not working. The installer/uninstaller troubleshooter is not detecting the edge chromium software. I think so there is a problem during installation of edge chromium. Is there an offline installer available for Edge Chromium Dev version or any other solution?

Thanks

@jakkaas 

Please try the following:

Go to %appdata%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar\ , create a shortcut with location C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge Dev\Application\msedge.exe and name it Microsoft Edge Dev.

Try starting Edge chromium and please tell if it worked!

@ph_007 wrote:

@jakkaas 

Please try the following:

Go to %appdata%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar\ , create a shortcut with location C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge Dev\Application\msedge.exe and name it Microsoft Edge Dev.

Try starting Edge chromium and please tell if it worked!

@ph_007 

Hello

It is showing the same error.

I have noticed that the following error might be because of pinning the installed chromium edge to the taskbar and I am trying to open the edge by trying to open the shortcut.

Well, I was doing this because when I am clicking the Microsoft edge chromium in the start menu, it is giving no response. I think that chromium edge is not properly installed. I don't know why? Is there an offline installer.

Screenshot (176).png

This is what I am getting when I am clicking Microsoft edge chromium from its installed folder