Printing PDF's larger than 11"x17" does not preview or print correctly

Brass Contributor

We work with construction size PDF's (18x24, 22x34, 24x36) which we send to plotters. In the Microsoft Edge legacy we could open PDF's from a GIS website that provides land survey PDF's at 18 inch x 24 inch, click print, then select the plotter and the correct size and it would then preview and print correclty.

In the new Microsoft Edge in both stable and canary, when doing the same task it does not preview correctly and does not print correctly unless you go into the "Print using system dialogue" option which does not give a preview and adds a lot of previously unnecessary steps when you have to print many of these.

It seems like when the PDF document size gets larger than 11 inch x 17 inch the scaling and print preview functions no longer work correctly and instead show incorrect or no scaling for printing and clicking print results in incorrect print size on the wrong size paper.

3 Replies

@Jesse Cook Great callout, thank you! If you haven't yet, could you please submit feedback (and those screenshots) through the browser, along with relevant info about your device/OS/channel version numbers? Our product folks can then route it straight to the PDF team.

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

@Deleted I did submit feedback, but never heard anything back other than that they got it. How do I follow my issue and see when it gets fixed? Also I can't provide screenshots of the print experience in the feedback tool, so I sent feedback again and copied a link to this thread in the feedback.

@Jesse Cook Thanks for confirming! I personally reached out to make sure your feedback would be looked into ASAP. I'll update you if/when we have any additional insights.

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge