Printer issue after Edge Dev installation

Copper Contributor

I had my laptop, running Windows 11 Home version 10.0.22621 and plugged it into a printer yesterday (HP Laserjet e52645). It wouldn't recognise it and I have been using it daily for weeks. I removed the device in Printers & Settings, and when I asked it to Add a Printer or Scanner, it would not recognise it. I tried also to install it with HP's installation software and it would not recognise that the printer was connected via USB.

Today, I took my laptop to another site and plugged it into a Brother HL-2040, an old printer which was already installed and I have been using for ages. Again, no response. I removed the device in Printers & Settings, and when I asked it to Add a Printer or Scanner, it would not recognise it again.

The USB ports work for my mouse and other devices, but the computer just won't recognise any printer.

The only thing that is different between when the printers worked and now was the installation of Edge Dev.

I uninstalled Edge Dev and the problem resolved.  Was advised from support to report this as a potential issue.

1 Reply

I have exactly the same issue.  I did not uninstall Edge Development, but opened the identical page in regular Microsoft Edge and was able to print fine to all of my printers.  Went back to Developer and I could not print anything using any printer.