Press the tab to jump to the top of the page

Copper Contributor

It would be very good if they could implement that by pressing the tab it would go back to the top of the page, thus eliminating the need to scroll to the beginning of the page.

9 Replies
Why do i want to go at the top of any page that i have read? I never used this feature in Opera.

Hello @vector_x 

if you are talking about while browsing on Edge, you can hit the "Home" key to go to the top page. It also works while you are in "Reading View" mode too. 

Exactly.
it's up to the Site Designers to put a "back to top" button on their sites If they Feel it's necessary for the users. but as @Daniel_AM said you can use Home button if the site is missing that button. only works on desktop though

@M_S it is exactly in Opera where I get this option which I find very useful

@Daniel_AM I know there is the "HOME" key, but I think it is simpler to do it with a simple mouse movement and a click

@HotCakeX Just try this function in Opera and tell me what you think ...

Opera is a bloated browser full of useless duplicate features. I've tried it before of course.
i understand that you like that button but the SAME functionality already exists. press the Home to go to top if the site doesn't have that go to top button. it's even faster. there is nothing simpler than pressing a button.

@vector_x  actually pressing the home button on your browser will redirect you to your home page and not to the top of the page you're already on. Just use Opera and disable/uninstall the bloat aka --> useless apps.

try vimium?