Please sort the Allow, Block, and Clear on exit hosts/domains on edge://settings/content/cookies

Iron Contributor

Please sort the entries in the Block, Clear on exit, and Allow lists on edge://settings/content/cookies.  Here is an example of a few entries displayed in apparently random order.  New entries go to the middle of the list.

clipboard_image_0.png

3 Replies

@rshupak Thanks for the suggestion, we'll pass this on to our Settings Team!

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

@Deleted I noticed later that it is sorted but using different rules than elsewhere in settings.  This list is sorted by reverse order of the DNS name components.  Compare this with edge://settings/passwords which is sorted by the eTLD+1 then by the prefix.  Another inconsistency exists with edge://settings/siteData which appears to be sorted by the full host name in order (left to right for LTR scripts) not reverse order like the allow/block lists.

The password model of eTLD+1 then prefix is the one that makes sense to me.  It groups domains and host names owned by the same entity and sorted alphabetically within each group.  Note that eTLD+1 refers to using the public prefix which is used to determine SameSite rules and more and not just the very top level domain.

@rshupak Thanks for the details, I'll let them know.

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge