Please bring "Set Tabs Aside" to New Edge

Steel Contributor

As a student, I used the Set Tabs Aside feature all the time. It's one of the reasons I used Edge over Chrome in a Google-heavy school. That habit of setting tabs aside has followed me after school, and it has proven useful time and again. 

So please bring this feature over. Annotation 2019-04-08 100411.jpgThis feature has helped define Edge. 

EDIT: 
It would also be super amazing to bring Set Tabs Aside to the cloud.

99 Replies
Absolutely! Super useful - particularly when you want to tidy up your open browser windows prior to a sharing session in Teams - be it internal or client-facing. The sooner the better.

I had a ton of tabs set aside for later reading and I updated and all of the are gone. This is infuriating. Where the hell are my tabs Bill?! This was the only reason why I used Edge. Who gave you the idea to remove it?!

@Octavian20604 Where? where is the option? I just updated and all of my saved tabs are gone!

@GaiusMarius Its not here yet. Your tabs should be in a favorites folder somewhere. It is really infuriating that this hasn't been added yet.

tab aside worked only if you clicked on "set the tabs aside", it was not automatic and therefore no need to disable it. It is actually a very useful option when one browses many sites (business) and needs to move to new tasks through the browser. With Tab aside, one does not have to have dozens of tabs open all the time for fear of loosing the researches (websites, images etc.) they are working on. And by setting tabs aside one has no need to fill the browser with "Favourites" that are needed maybe only for a few days, for example.
Agree entirely.
There would be no need to an option to deactivate because set tab aside must be manually used. The browser does not set tabs aside automatically, one has to click the "save tabs" manually each time. That's the beauty of it, one uses it according to their need and MS does not impose it, for once.
Only thing wrong with this feature is that MS was dumb enough to omit it from the new version
Thanks for sharing :thumbs_up: Hope it gets to general availability soon.
Anytime, yeah I assume it will be when stable channel hits version 82 :)

I hope that they will add some improvements - maybe one button to the left side next to the tab as in Edge legacy to open /save quickly?!

@HotCakeX 

To save yes but to open there is the collections button, it can't be one button to open because there are more than 3 options

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/discussions/set-aside-tab-feature-collection-added-to-edge-in...

@Deleted Yeah, though only optional button to add all tabs on that window is enough, just like what the Set Aside Tabs has. Collections is already visible anyways.

Whether the button is turned on by default depends if this is better for most or not. Since during the time when Set Tabs Aside implemented, there are some people accidentally hitting that button causing for all tabs to collapse into Set Tabs Aside pane, which can be annoying.

Still having a dedicated visible button for adding tabs into Collection would be great for Set Tabs Aside users and would be users.

I really don't like how collections work compared to "set these tabs aside" it was was simpler to use that way and whatever you do you can save quickly.. Now if you close out of tabs you no longer need you have to save the collection again.

@xunderworldx 

Spoiler

@xunderworldx wrote:

I really don't like how collections work compared to "set these tabs aside" it was was simpler to use that way and whatever you do you can save quickly.. Now if you close out of tabs you no longer need you have to save the collection again.

There will hopefully be a separate button added for it as many users asked for it too but to be honest it's very simple to right-click on a tab and select "add all tabs to collection". it's just 2 clicks.

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/discussions/set-aside-tab-feature-collection-added-to-edge-in...

@HotCakeXI still prefer a button, preferably on the far left side of the taskbar that's easy to find and don't have to search for it in some sort of menu. Also, edge doesn't have very good touch (as in touchscreen) support for right clicking yet compared to other browsers, so a button is easier for tablet users.

From the screenshots of some users posted in here, i saw the UI on tablet looks like Edge legacy..do you have a screenshot of Edge on an Android tablet?

So I tested collections on the beta version, and I can't add all tabs to a collection at once. You have to do one page at a time, that is ridiculous. Also it wont remember that you have closed out of some tabs and added ones unless you add yet again another collection. They really really need to bring back the "set these tabs aside". I sent feedback, but if everyone can send the same feedback perhaps they will listen.