Pip does not hide the controls

Brass Contributor

When hover on the pip, the controls should hide again.

To Reproduce

1. Open a pip video on youtube. (Double right click on the video - Picture in picture )
  2. Hover on the pip video.

Expected behavior

The controls should hide again after 2 seconds.

Actual result

The controls are still visible, and the main video is behind a  transparency window.

Is the issue also on other chromium based browsers
No, i have tested stable chrome: 74.0.3729.157 and canary: 76.0.3797.0

Flags enabled

Experimental Web Platform

Edge version

5 Replies

@jelle kok 

It appears that this issue has been resolved in more recent updates.

Gabriel

@v-gapart Yes, i saw it today, that it was working. Great. Now we need a extra button to go full screen.

@v-gapart 

This is not fixed on my Surface Pro 6, tested with Dev and Canary a few minutes ago, all up-to-date. Maybe the touchscreen of the Surface is confusing PiP mode, but the overlay won't go away after a few seconds, and it doesn't even detect that the mouse is not over the PiP window anymore. It's working as intended on my desktop, without a touchscreen.

Its broken again since 2 builds. 77.0.220.0-77.0.222.0

@jelle kok 

There is a bug report here for Chromium:

https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=985908&q=component%3AUI%3EShell%3EWindowManage...

But I don't know why, the Project Member responsible for this bug is not testing the right thing and is claiming the bug cannot be reproduced! He's testing the mini-player inside YouTube instead of the PiP. Both are very different things, the mini-player of YouTube is just a feature of the website that's available on any browser, not a UI element of Chromium like PiP.

I only see this bug on a touchscreen, so maybe Microsoft should look at it themselves, since touch support is a big deal in Windows 10 and for Surface devices.