Permanent "Clear Browser Data" Tab Suggestion for Edge

Steel Contributor

How about an icon for fast one click data clearing? I added to my favorite a favorite of the clear browser setting so I just click on it to bring up the setting tab, but I'm thinking it might be a productive permanent tab in the  to have. Maybe near the smiling face of on the far left as a locked in fixture of the favorites tab. This idea is being used by the mobile DuckDuckGo web browser and Firefox Focus web browser with Fire Fox Night (their version of Canary) considering beta testing the idea too. With DuckDuckGo it's a flame. With Firefox Focus it's a trash bin in the home screen bar. One click, and after saying yes to "clear all data" the data is all but gone. At least the data picked to be deleted in the settings to clear settings. A lot of people, and I do mean a lot of people, do like these settings on the other browsers if one reads the reviews on the android app stores. Basically imagine you need to want too fast delete all the browser data...just click it. No toddling through settings and privacy tabs while on the web or exiting out.  Can motto it "clear data with just one click to keep your privacy more secure" I know there's the Inprivate option...but this tab would allow not having to always use to that in this case. I included two pictures of my "self created tab via favorites" upper left side under the Microsoft logo (which might be a good spot for the permanent tab?) and one from an article about DuckDuck's and FireFox's clear data icon. 

(A side note I know it shows I'm new here, but I been using MS browsers since IE 1.00 in 1995 and was a Windows 95 beta tester. I've been on/off beta tester for Chrome Canary for a few years.) I love the raw, buggy, just out of the box side of beta testing software like Canary haha.). I'm hoping the Beta, Dev, Canary channels stay open permanently after final stable release of Edge like Google has done with their testing browsers since 2008 (same names and all of Beta, Dev, Canary).

2 Replies

@Anthony that's a good idea.  I will let the developer team know about this.

@Eric_MS - Thanks. I guess the same can apply for a permanent "settings" tab too. The thing with the clear data tab (fast one click in one second clearing) is that it's being incorporated into the newer browsers like Firefox Focus and and DuckDuckGo Browser. From what "I heard" is that Mozilla was also testing it in their Firefox Focus browser (android) to see how people reacted. As sort of a test run for a possible add on to their Firefox Quantum (desktop) browser and/or as a possible future project of Firefox Focus being converted into an OS browser. They've been sloganeering it with "more privacy by one click personal data erasing." Supposedly there's been overwhelming positive feedback from it by user survey and online articles that it might be added to their demo browser at a later point in time. This was one of their blogs about why they added such a tab: https://blog.mozilla.org/blog/2016/11/17/privacy-made-simple-with-firefox-focus/