SOLVED

PDF text deformed

Iron Contributor

@Deleted Sometimes like in this pic edge pdf text blur.pngthe text appears disfigured and when it is selected it appears fine. Here is this pic after o of or, I had selected text using mouse and then the text became clear. See the difference between left and right of o in or. Pass the feedback to appropriate team to fix it.

21 Replies

@sauravyad500 Thanks for letting us know! I've looped our PDF team in and will let you know if they have any insights. In the meantime, can you please submit diagnostic data for this if you haven't yet?

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

@sauravyad500 Thank you for contacting us about this issue. I work with the Microsoft Edge PDF team. It would help us a lot with reproducing and addressing the issue if you could provide us with the PDF file that is causing this issue (in case it does not hold any confidential information). We will ensure that the file will only be in the hands of the team members who need to look at it to resolve the issue. 

@Deleted  @posinha I cannot reproduce the text blur as I don't remember which pdf I was reading. But I have shared the PDF and a Video where a similar issue happens in selecting text.

As you can easily see in the video when I select the text line at a time, the whole of the line moves down or up. Please check the video and I have also uploaded pdf for you to reproduce it.

@sauravyad500 - Thank you for sharing the PDF and the video. I haven't been able to reproduce the issue in my machine. I am sharing a screenshot from the doc you shared. We will still try looking into it. Please do share any other documents that you see blurry fonts in.

Did you try selecting the text in pdf (like in the video), the text moves when you select a line. And yes actually its not text blur rather upon keen observation, I noticed the top and below text edges are disfigured. The edge isn't able to draw text properly. This majorly happens when you resize the pdf(it doesn't happen on websites).

sauravyad500_0-1591859693631.png

@sauravyad500 I did try selecting the text in the PDF. I am also attaching a video of the same. Can you share the PDF in the image or the URL to the PDF if it an online document? 

@posinha This text movement as I had mentioned happens only when the PDF is resized. For this pdf in the video it is happening at 125% zoom ratio.

I had attached the particular pdf in image zoom ratio was 75% and it doesn't happen everytime rather sometimes when you when you scroll and stop.

best response confirmed by sauravyad500 (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@sauravyad500 - Thanks for helping us debug the problem. I was able to repro text movement at a zoom level of 25% with the latest document you shared. We’ll keep you updated when we know more.

Is there any update on this?

@sauravyad500 Our team is still investigating this. We'll let you know as soon as we have an update!

I also see this issue from time to time. (Zoom in a PDF, scroll it up and down and there is a good chance to spot some lines deformed.)
Any updates?

@posinha is there any update? One year is over since the discovery and many people are facing sme issues. Not just me.

I have also reproduced the disformity from within the feedback tool many a times.

Any update on when is the team planning to fix it? I feel like moving to firefox. It has better pdf reader.

Any updates? This problem seems to persist. Apart from this bug the edge pdf viewer is really nice, commenting functionality and integration in edge is really good - but due to this problem I switched my browser entirely to a browser with better integrated pdf viewer. I would really like to use edge again.
This is not a solution to the problem. Why is this discussion marked as “solved”?
yes, this issue is happening with every pdf I open, fix this bug
I'm facing the same problem since last year. Microsoft Edge Team please look into this matter and patch this issue with an update!
Facing this issue with every pdf I open, doesn't happen in Firefox. Please fix this issue, it has been bugging me for months!
Same here. I am using Windows 11 on Dell Inspiron 5510.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by sauravyad500 (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@sauravyad500 - Thanks for helping us debug the problem. I was able to repro text movement at a zoom level of 25% with the latest document you shared. We’ll keep you updated when we know more.

View solution in original post