PDF Performance in Edge is Abismal

Copper Contributor

Hello, Edge team, I just wanted to get this out there, but edge chromium support for PDF viewing is just awful, especially when compared to old edge and firefox. For simplicity, here is a list:

1. Scrolling: It is irritatingly inconsistent and jittery and slow. Whether I use touch scrolling or a standard mouse it is no where near as smooth as legacy edge or firefox. I think this might be a problem intrinsic to Chromium 'cause the last I tried Chrome, I had similar complaints.
  2. No support for PDF metadata like headers/subheaders. At least on all the files I've opened so far, edge chromium does not show a chapter/subheader list like in old edge's 'contents' section/
  3. Index for searching: When I search a term, it seems to take edge chromium considerably longer to find items than old edge.

I am really liking the new edge so far, but this is one of the main reasons I quite consistently keep old edge open.

1 Reply
I have noticed the same problems comparing Classic Edge with Chromium Edge (Dev and Beta.)