PDF Files

Bronze Contributor

I've been using Edge Dev for three days, on three computers, and the MS development team did a great job so far.  The current build is good enough that I'm going to make Edge Dev (as updated weekly) my primary browser going forward during the remainder of the development process.

I was working with complex PDF files this morning, and Edge Dev didn't hit any glitches.  Three suggestions, though, for things that should be in the release version:  (1) ability to add notes to PDF file; (2) ability to search within PDF file; and (3) ability to "Save As" a PDF file.  All are tools in Edge Classic, and should be brought over.  The ability to highlight text and save the highlighted version for others to read would be nice, but isn't essential.

11 Replies
My one of the most awaited feature for the next release is "pdf editing mode"
Thank you @tomscharbach. We do have more PDF changes coming. In the meantime I have forwarded your suggestions to the PDF team to help them prioritize their features.

Thanks all for the feedback. Like Elliot mentioned, the basic anotations features are in the works. @Deleted  can you elaborate what do you mean by "pdf editing mode"?  

By pdf editing mode, what I mean is to modify the pdf files like omitting , changing the text , deleting and adding material like images and test to the pdf like what we have in adobe acrobat,

Thanks @Deleted. Duly noted. As of now, we do not intend to provide capabilities of a full fledged PDF editor. We do want to provide basic editing capabilities like adding notes etc. which aids in content consumption. 

I don't know what to say now, but will you please pass this thread to pdf team, So that they can consider these features in future.
For now I hope there is some extension which can do this.

@Deleted I am from the PDF team Smiley Happy I have noted your feedback. All I wanted to say was that the capabilities you mentioned are in our radar just that you might have to wait for it a bit longer. 

It is not the Job of an Internet Browser To replace the Functions of "Adobe Acrobat"
It is enough to install the PDF functions of the Edge Classic

Thank you @vygadeka :smiling_face_with_smiling_eyes: , I didn't know you were from pdf team....

Maybe not everyone wants this feature, but it will be mind relaxing from headache of using 2 softwares for approx same things....i.e edge and adobe acrobat (being provided that edge already provides some pdf annotating features).

Since edge is a browser , everyone have it installed on their system ( if they use edge as their default). 

Then why would anyone wants to buy adobe acrobat just for one or two more extra features like changing the text e.t.c

Thank you to consider about it btw, will wait for these features.

Edge provides/will provide basic pdf annotation features and is really one of the best pdf readers I know about.
Why would anyone like me wants to install adobe acrobat for just one or two more features like editing I already described previously.
If edge provides those pdf editing features, then many many users will not install that adobe acrobat , instead they can just use the edge for reading and editing pdf and I hope Microsoft Will add these extra features in future.

Just tried the PDF viewer and it works great. Would love to see up and down buttons for the page selection, not just a number field. Adobe Acrobat has this and I use it all of the time.