SOLVED

Password Manager

Copper Contributor

Hello All,

In Chrome all the passwords are synced with my Google account. 

Where do the passwords get synced for Edge? Is it to the outlook account that I have setup? If so, how do I access from any other device?

Thanks.

Jey

15 Replies
best response confirmed by JeyGD (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @JeyGD 

Your synced passwords are all here:
edge://settings/passwords

you can access them on any other devices, be it on IOS, Android or other browsers.

Go to the settings

Annotation 2019-11-05 110326.png

on phone, go to the Edge browser app, from the settings go to the passwords and they should be all there. but first you have to choose on your Edge phone app to sync with Edge insider channels instead of the old classic Edge.

Microsoft wrote an extensive article about Passwords in here if interested:
https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Articles/Autofill-Blog-2-Password-Security/m-p/963847

Hello @HotCakeX , thank you for the response. It is helpful. Thanks again.

You're welcome, glad I could help :)

@HotCakeX 

For a few weeks now I have noticed that I can no longer retrieve the passwords saved in the browser through the menu Profile/Password: edge://settings/passwords
All I can see is a blank page. Why?
Version in use on Mac: Version 86.0.613.0 (Official Build) Canary (64 bit)

Try uninstalling Edge canary and reinstall it again
Yes, I have a Microsoft account logged in, i will try to reinstall it again :face_with_rolling_eyes:

@HotCakeX I have uninstalling it, I have logged in with my account, I can see all sync with my mobile BUT the section with the password is blank!

Well then it's probably a bug in Edge Canary Mac version. it's working fine on Windows. use the feedback button to send the problem report. :)

@HotCakeX uhm... when I have installed again Edge, I have choosed the Dev edition and not Can, but the problem persist.

I have write a feedback and then the system invite me to write here the problem :)

Oh well you're all set then :)

MimiBox@JeyGD 

I changed my Excel password in a workbook and now cannot get into it.  How do I correct it?

@HotCakeX 

I am having a hard time finding edge://settings/password on my computer.  I go to setting but do not see anything that says my profile.

@Vincenzo Annunziata a fix for this issue has gone into 86.0.620.0 . Kindly update your browser, if not done already :smile: 

@Suhrid_Palsule My latest version for Dev (64 bit) is: 86.0.615.3

I will wait for the next update. Thanks

That's all OK with the latest version.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by JeyGD (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @JeyGD 

Your synced passwords are all here:
edge://settings/passwords

you can access them on any other devices, be it on IOS, Android or other browsers.

Go to the settings

Annotation 2019-11-05 110326.png

on phone, go to the Edge browser app, from the settings go to the passwords and they should be all there. but first you have to choose on your Edge phone app to sync with Edge insider channels instead of the old classic Edge.

Microsoft wrote an extensive article about Passwords in here if interested:
https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Articles/Autofill-Blog-2-Password-Security/m-p/963847

View solution in original post