Page not loaded after idle.

Bronze Contributor

I use a laptop for school, and when the period ends, I close the lid, which is set to put the computer to sleep. When I open the lid again and it boots up a little less than 10 minutes later, the tabs that aren't currently active will just show a dark screen(as I'm in dark mode). Shortcuts don't work when its like this, like Ctrl R, so I have to manually hit refresh. When I opened up the smile, the page loaded. Does anyone know or think they might have an idea about which flags might be causing this? I think it might be one of the power saving ones.

4 Replies
Hi,
in order to rule out the possibility of conflicts that might be caused by flags, specially the power saving ones, have you tried turning it back to their default values and then see if the problem occurs again? better to reset all the flags to the defaults and if the problem disappear, try turning them on one by one to find the culprit.

by the way that 10 minutes that you mentioned in your post required for boot time is very strange and too long. what's causing that?

@HotCakeX No, I meant its asleep for about 10 minutes before I start using it again.

I have trouble recreating the problem, and it only happens a few times a day, which is why I was asking if anyone familiar with them could point out potential culprits. Its OK if you don't, I just thought that someone might.

Well I wouldn't know if I can or can't cause there wasn't enough info about it.
I have got a weak laptop with Edge canary on it.
on laptops, power saving flags could be potential culprits that's why I suggested to turn them off temporarily and test for some time to see if the problem happens again.

@HotCakeX 

OK. Thank you for your help!