Outlook Web App title bar isn't dark when dark mode is enabled

Copper Contributor

I'm using Windows 7 (not by choice) and Edge Canary 80.0.323.0. All other web apps work fine. This behavior started happening a month or so ago. I've tried deleting the web app and still nothing. Anyone else having this? Is there a workaround?

3 Replies

Hi @joshh 

I have the same version and channel as you, on Windows 10, it's working correctly but I set the dark mode inside outlook settings

Annotation 2019-11-06 171620.png

now it stays in dark mode whether I open outlook.com normally or as a PWA.

@HotCakeX Thanks but dark mode in Outlook isn't the issue. Maybe the below will better describe it. The title bar isn't black even though both Edge Canary and Outlook are set to dark mode. In all other Edge web apps, the title bar is black. Even when going from Excel Online to Outlook within the web app the title bar changes from black to gray.

clipboard_image_0.png

clipboard_image_1.png

clipboard_image_3.png

clipboard_image_4.png

@joshh 

Thank you for the pictures,

yes you're totally right!

well fortunately or unfortunately, it's happening on Windows 10 latest version too, even though my Edge insider theme and Windows theme are both set to dark mode.

Annotation 2019-11-06 173446.png

though before I login, the title bar looks purple which I really like and hope more websites do this.

Annotation 2019-11-06 173909.png

so like Outlook set the title bar to dark, or Spotify because of its greenish theme, set the title bar to green, Facebook could set it to blue and so on.