Oct 03 2019 11:09 AM
Oct 03 2019 11:09 AM
If i set the default browser to anything but Edge Beta, the links open fine from Outlook emails. If i set it to Edge Beta, i get a message that says, "Something unexpected went wrong with this URL: (URL i clicked) Access is denied" Why would access be denied.
Oct 03 2019 11:42 AM
Oct 03 2019 11:48 AM
@HotCakeX Hello, thanks for the quick response. We are using Outlook for Office 365 (monthly channel). The message doesn't pop up in either Outlook or Edge (Beta) it pops up on the bottom right as a Windows 10 message. Although it does say Microsoft Outlook, so it may be coming from Outlook.
Oct 03 2019 12:31 PM
Oct 03 2019 12:41 PM
@HotCakeX I manage the GPO's for our browsers and Office. We have not set anything for this type of action, unless its somewhere in the RS baselines. That being said, it works fine from all other browsers (IE, Chrome, Firefox and Edge "old version").
My account is an admin on this system.
I now have all 3, (Beta, Dev & Can) installed. Funny though, it works fine in Dev and Can, just not in Beta. I set the default browser to Can, Works. I set the default browser to Dev, Works. I set it back to Beta, still doesn't work. I wonder what the difference is.
Oct 03 2019 01:01 PM - edited Oct 03 2019 01:07 PM
@HotCakeXEDIT: I was wrong... after uninstalling and reinstalling Beta, even though it showed as the default browser, i dont think it actually was. Made sure it was the default browser, and its failing.
Oct 03 2019 02:09 PM
Nov 27 2019 09:06 AM
The problem seems to be back these days in Version 79.0.309.30 - so it might be related to Outlook (1910, 12130.20272) as Edge Beta hasn't changed?
Dec 09 2019 11:46 AM
@HotCakeX - I am also facing this issue on my machines as well. I am currently on Edge Beta version 79.0.309.43.
This error only happens from Outlook 365 (Verison 1911, 12228.20332 CTR) and not from any other applications on the machine. This issue doesn't happen if I change my browser to anything apart from Edge beta. Chrome, IE and old Edge as default browser all work perfectly fine on the same setup.
Another thing I have observed is that it happens only on my machines joined to Azure Active Directory. On my home machine, the same setup with Outlook and Edge Beta works perfectly fine.
Dec 09 2019 11:48 AM
Quick update on my post, just installed Edge dev on my machine and it seems the issue is resolved in build 80.0.345.0 on dev channel.
So something is different between dev and beta channels which is affecting this particular behavior.
Dec 09 2019 11:53 AM
Dec 09 2019 11:59 AM
@ankitsaraf-uipath Good question. I'll check that tomorrow morning in the office - I think from the users perspective there is just a changed registry key. Actually I was quite suprised that there was no visible change or even installation when we enabled ATP.
Dec 09 2019 04:38 PM
@shinebar I found a folder called "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection" on my machine with bunch of other folders in it which I can't access by default. So it seems, yes our organization is using ATP.
Dec 12 2019 06:36 AM