SOLVED

Out of band update: Canary Build 90.794.0

Bronze Contributor

Hey there, 

Anyone came across an out of band update for Canary like four to five hours back? The weird thing was that the update icon in the (...) menu was indicated by a red color instead of green. Was it any security update?

7 Replies
I saw it too, didn't change the version of Edge though

@HotCakeX Yeah, no bump in the build version.

@Rohit Yadav I updated it too, and now it says "Your browser is managed by your organization." on edge://help. I am using my personal account.
Yeah, I seen the same and after clicking it, I now have this message under the version numbers..

"Microsoft Edge
Version 90.0.794.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)
Update policies are configured but will be ignored because this device isn't domain joined."

Never had this before... but ah well all part of running betas..

Dennis5mile

@Dennis5mile I had this message being displayed since many builds now, I thought maybe the team has configured some policies to keep our Canary installations updated always :\

image.png

dasada.png

Yes Edge canary has policies applied to it for updater.

these policies are not installed on the system. to basically the updater checks for updates every ~10 hours which is fine, and without the ability to go back to a previous version of canary, which isn't recommended anyway.

best response confirmed by Rohit Yadav (Bronze Contributor)
Solution

I got a response from the team for the update. The update was related to some performance regressions, and it went into every channel (Stable, Beta, Dev, Canary). It did not result in the change of build version though.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Rohit Yadav (Bronze Contributor)
Solution

I got a response from the team for the update. The update was related to some performance regressions, and it went into every channel (Stable, Beta, Dev, Canary). It did not result in the change of build version though.

View solution in original post