SOLVED

Option to Disable Menu Options on Mac

Copper Contributor

I have a MacBook with a 13-inch screen, and because Edge has so many menu options, I can't see all of my Menu Bar apps. I'd like to see a feature to disable certain menu options like 'Tools' and 'Profiles' as they aren't useful to me personally. That along with possibly seeing Microsoft Edge shortened to just Edge in the Menu Bar (Similar to how Google Chrome is just Chrome) would reclaim so much real-estate.

Screen Shot 2020-03-15 at 2.40.18 PM.png

5 Replies

@Ian Bogue Thanks for sharing this request and welcome to our Insider's community! I will loop in the mac team and pass this along to them.

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

best response
Solution

@Ian Bogue - Thanks for your feedback. This is something that our team had not put thought into tbh. But it is great to hear and we can add this as a bug in our backlog :)

If you want to keep track of the status, would request if you can also file the feedback from the 'Send feedback' button on the top right (next to Settings). 

@aditya10 @Deleted thanks for letting me know! I did submit feedback through Edge as well, so that's taken care of :) It's really nice to know that the team listens to the feedback they receive, as so many other dev teams don't. Have a great day!

@Ian Bogue Of course, we're always happy to help! Thanks again for sharing your thoughts.

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

Hi @aditya10, it's been 3 yrs since the issue is apparently added to your "bugs backlog", and yet it's not resolved still. Since Apple is not ditching the notch anytime soon, and this app (Edge for macOS) of yours is tailor made for that specific line of product, maybe consider finally fixing this? 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response
Solution

@Ian Bogue - Thanks for your feedback. This is something that our team had not put thought into tbh. But it is great to hear and we can add this as a bug in our backlog :)

If you want to keep track of the status, would request if you can also file the feedback from the 'Send feedback' button on the top right (next to Settings). 

View solution in original post