Option for User Profile Schedule in Edge

Copper Contributor

Requesting feature: User profile schedule.

In my office, we have shared infrastructure. I think this is the case in many offices. Employees in different **bleep**s use the same computer for office work. In this case either I've to logout from my profile in edge every day; else, the browsing history and passwords of others are also synced to my account and there is a chance that my passwords can be compromised.

I kindly requested the Edge team to provide an option to set a master password and schedule the profile. (E.g. from 9 to 5). After the scheduled time the profile will logout or passwords and form data etc won't be filled without a master password.

2 Replies
Hi,
Master password would be a great idea,
currently Edge uses OS's credentials for verification, so it expects each person to have a different user account in OS.
but the way I understand it, in your work environment, multiple people use the same Windows user account and they don't each have their own user account.

so in these situations, a master password for Edge would be useful,
if you haven't already, please file a feedback using feedback button on Edge too
(shortcuts Alt + Shift + i )
or
https://www.microsoftedgeinsider.com/en-us/support
Yes, in your work environment, multiple people use the same Windows user account and they don't each have their own user account.

I already submitted the feedback through Edge.