SOLVED

Opening pdf files with Adobe Acrobat

Copper Contributor

Adobe Acrobat is set as the default program for PDF files to be opened.  MS Edge Beta ignores this.  I do not want PDF files to be opened in my browser, so in settings, I had selected "Always open PDF files externally."  They are never opened externally.  I get a dialog box telling me that I need to change my settings to open the files.  The latest time, there was a download button.  Sometimes there is not.  I downloaded the file.  At the bottom right of the screen, I am asked if I want to open the file.  I click on it and get the dialog box that I have to change my settings in order to open the file.  There is no way to open the file in Adobe Acrobat.  This is my computer.  It should do what I want.  You need to fix it so that the user can open all files using the default programs they have chosen.

4 Replies
best response confirmed by Tony_Stone (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Tony_Stone 

After you have downloaded the file, while it is still listed at the bottom of the screen, you can click on the [ ... ] to the right of the Open file link and select Always open with Adobe Acrobat Reader. This should open your PDFs in the Adobe Acrobat Reader from then on.

Gabriel

@v-gapart  I did not notice the ..., but I will look for it next time.  Thank you.

Please help me to open Windows Upgrade
Please help me to why I have had Windows upgrade, but I can not know how to open Windows
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Tony_Stone (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Tony_Stone 

After you have downloaded the file, while it is still listed at the bottom of the screen, you can click on the [ ... ] to the right of the Open file link and select Always open with Adobe Acrobat Reader. This should open your PDFs in the Adobe Acrobat Reader from then on.

Gabriel

View solution in original post