Open in new tab

Copper Contributor

I would like to suggest a new feature. The ability to turn on or off when you click a link it will open in a new tab and/or window.  

Thank You For Time,

5 Replies
Do you mean disable those options in the contextual menu?

I agree, links should be opened in a new window, or tab, based on the user's preferences. In another browser, I can turn this feature on or off. I personally dislike links opening in a new window.

Also agree.  I hate when a javascript link pops up a window, rather than going to a new tab.  I would like control over how these are handled (I prefer multiple tabs vs multiple windows).

And as part of this, there should be a way to prevent sites from disabling features like right click options and the home bar (web address, elipsis, extensions).

@AndrewCravens I would also love to have this feature known from Mozilla Firefox. It's not a good idea to open links in the active tab.

@AndrewCravens Does anyone know: Has this been set in motion?

I'd like a policy option to choose whether links are opened in the same tab, a new tab or a new window. My use case is kiosk mode. I have to restrict my users to one website but I want them to be able to click on links on that website. If those links open in the same tab, my users can't come back to the original website. So I would need those links to open in a new window. That worked in IE.