SOLVED

Open all or Save all for Collections

Iron Contributor

I really like where collections are headed but its missing must have features for me. (unless I am just missing how to do this)

1. We need to be able to save all open tabs to a collection.

2. We need to be able to open all tabs in a collection at once.

With out theses two things it is very tedious to use collections. With them it is the perfect replacement for set tabs aside.

-Giles

6 Replies
best response confirmed by GilesBrule (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@GilesBrule 

Hi,

there is open all to open all of the collection entries at once.

Annotation 2019-09-11 173117.png

The Edge team are planning to add the Set Aside tabs feature to this new browser. collections has never been planned to replace Set Aside tabs.

Collections are to be used for other things such as adding parts of Different web pages to a single collection and then print them out in word or other formats that are going to be added in the future.

or make a shopping list from Different web stores and put them in the Same collection.

@HotCakeX 

Well I do hope they replace the set tabs aside function, I haven't seen confirmation on that just that it is listed as under review. but for whatever reason I do not have the open all option. I'm on the most recent release of Dev. thanks -Giles

clipboard_image_0.png

I'm on Canary.

I just checked Canary and the open all option is there, guess I just need to wait for it to roll to Dev. -Giles

Yeah,
I hope they listen to people's feedback and implement what the majority wants
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by GilesBrule (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@GilesBrule 

Hi,

there is open all to open all of the collection entries at once.

Annotation 2019-09-11 173117.png

The Edge team are planning to add the Set Aside tabs feature to this new browser. collections has never been planned to replace Set Aside tabs.

Collections are to be used for other things such as adding parts of Different web pages to a single collection and then print them out in word or other formats that are going to be added in the future.

or make a shopping list from Different web stores and put them in the Same collection.

View solution in original post