OneDrive O365 Home vs. OneDrive O365 3E default PDF application

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I'm having a different experience opening pdfs using OneDrive O365 Home and OneDrive O365 E3 and am wondering if it's a limitation with O365 Home.

I've set my default pdf application to be Microsoft Edge Canary (Version 81.0.407.0).  When I open a pdf from my OneDrive O365 E3 account the file opens as expected in the browser's pdf viewer.  However, when I open a pdf from my OnDrive O365 Home account the file opens in the online Microsoft Word application.  Is there a setting I need to change in my O365 Home account so that the pdfs open in the browser's pdf viewer like they do on my O365 E3 account?  Or is this just a limitation of the O365 Home account?

Thanks,

Ken   

3 Replies
Hi,
Edge has only 2 places related to this:
1: edge://settings/content/pdfDocuments
2: edge://settings/content/handlers

also a similar problem exists where a Word document that is on OneDrive opens in online Word instead of the installed Word program, I've seen posts about it but don't exactly remember the reproducing steps, I'm sure I reproduced it myself some time ago though

@HotCakeX Thanks for the info on the settings.  I played with different combinations there, but wasn't able to get any different results.  I'm assuming it has something to do with the Home vs. Enterprise products.  Hopefully at some point the pdf viewer will be an option in OneDrive O365 Home.  

Yes it could be possible, I hope so too :)