One more Chrome clone

Copper Contributor

I was so disappointed after the installation of the Chromium Edge that I decided to share my emotions. Sorry if I've chosen the wrong place for that.

As a user, I can't understand why do I need one more clone of Google Chrome? I can barely distinguish the Chromium Edge from Chrome. There were only a few things in Classic Edge why I preferred it to Chrome.

First is the unique UI of the Classic Edge. That was the thing I appreciated. I enjoyed the page preview on the page tab. I liked that one sight is enough to understand which browser you are using right now.

A pop-up window for favorites, history, reading lists, and downloads was much more accessible and convenient to use than this dull separate pages in Chrome.

I'm the surface pro user, so I want to use my pen in every Microsoft application. I'm missing the ability to make notes on the web page.

Edge can use any platform, maybe Chromium is the best, but please make Edge Chromium look and feel like Classic Edge. In another case, name it differently.

5 Replies
Hi,
please have a look at the top feedbacks list and links related to each conversation:
https://aka.ms/MSEdgeTopFeedback

All of the unique features from legacy Edge will make their way into the new Edge. they are exactly the things that make Edge superior and we all want and love them :)

you can already try some of them if you install Edge canary (It's not unstable)
https://www.microsoftedgeinsider.com/en-us/download/

PDF inking for example is roughly 50% done, Reading view (Immersive reader) mode is 90% done.
of course they take time before they can be used in Stable Edge.

Features are introduced in this order: Canary => Dev => Beta => Stable

For some reason I cant access the index table for separate chapter selection one I open  a book in PDF format in MS Edge. The feature was there in previous version but i guess not anymore.

@alihassan 

Hello,

it's coming soon to the new Edge browser :)

https://aka.ms/MSEdgeTopFeedback

gfg.png

I need to agree with you: right now Edge looks like a Chrome clone and you need to dig it deeply to understand that you use another application. Right now there are 3 chrome-based browsers on my PC: Edge, Chrome and Yandex and it takes some time to understand where which browser is. Even worse that Chrome Themes is expected to appear in Edge. Maybe it's good for someone but the really good behaviour for Edge is to have distinguishing look and feel like it was before in legacy Edge.

@royamicus185 

Spoiler

@royamicus185 wrote:
I need to agree with you: right now Edge looks like a Chrome clone and you need to dig it deeply to understand that you use another application. Right now there are 3 chrome-based browsers on my PC: Edge, Chrome and Yandex and it takes some time to understand where which browser is. Even worse that Chrome Themes is expected to appear in Edge. Maybe it's good for someone but the really good behaviour for Edge is to have distinguishing look and feel like it was before in legacy Edge.

Honestly that's a bit exaggeration..you mean you have chrome, yandex and Edge open and you can't tell the difference just by looking at their UIs? xD

they are at least 50% different than each other, Edge is more than 70% different and chrome (which has the simplest UI) and Yandex is a whole different ball game with their side bars, Alice AI etc etc

I agree with you though that Edge needs fluent touches but