On start of PC, Multiple MS Edge windows are getting started. Does anyone have a fix for this issue?

Copper Contributor

Below is the snapshot on start of my PC. They eventually get closed after 2-3 min.

3venk_0-1595605135652.png

4 Replies

@3venk Thank you for reporting that to us, and welcome to the MSFT Edge Insider's community! Here are a couple of initial questions for you:

1. What version/channel are you currently using?
  2. Do you see the same behavior in any of the other MSFT Edge channels?
  3. And most importantly, if you haven't done so yet, can you please submit detailed feedback and diagnostics through the browser? (Shift+Alt+I) There is a place for you to attach that screenshot, too.

Fawkes (they/them)
Program Manager & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

Thanks for the info@Deleted , I am using the official Beta channel. I have reported the issue via the feedback option.

Best,

TrivenKumar

@3venk 

Check your Windows Startup programs and see if there is any suspicious or unknown program?

In Windows 10, open Task Manager and open startup.

I have seen some malware where they put the program into infinite loop and such issue happens.

Normally Anti-Malware would be able to detect it, but you need to check startup first and find it.

It might be a program where trying to connect to website (not opening browser) and if Microsoft Edge is your default browser, it will open it up.

@3venk Thanks! And yes, I'd also be curious to hear if @Reza_Ameri-Archived's suggestions help.

Fawkes (they/them)
Program Manager & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge