Odd bug: color profile different during touch panning, reverts on release

Iron Contributor

This is a weird bug that's been around for a while. I kind of wonder if I'm alone on this! The symptom: touch panning in Edge 86.0.622.63 works just fine, but often (but not always) during panning a white page background shows as unpleasantly faintly pink until released. When panning through long articles this kind of color flickering quickly becomes annoying. Is there anything in the smooth scrolling / panning routines that could impact color rendering? 

This is on an X1 Yoga 3rd gen, Intel UHD graphics 620, and (not sure if relevant), the Lenovo color profile set to "Standard". Note, it doesn't consistently happen, but once Edge (or the Intel driver or Lenovo driver?) is in this state, it sticks around for a while. 

Any workarounds or fixes would be appreciated. 

3 Replies

@ChromeRefugee Interesting! Thanks for reporting this. If you haven't yet, can you please submit diagnostic data and feedback through the browser? That would really help our devs look into this.

Fawkes (they/them)
Program Manager & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

@Deleted Well now I feel bad, I just saw this happen in Word. So while it's definitely an interesting glitch, I can no longer in good conscience blame Edge! :)  Thanks for the response. 

@ChromeRefugee Thanks for the update, and I'm glad to hear that it isn't Microsoft Edge-specific! Let us know if you see anything similar in the future.

Fawkes (they/them)
Program Manager & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge