Odd 'Add To Favorites' behavior

Brass Contributor

Using the Edge Dev Version 78.0.249.1 (Official build) dev (64-bit).

I use the Favorite Bar to show my most commonly used web sites. I generally don't put text by them but I can recognize them by their favicon. I have two folders on the far left and then 30 or so favorites (only favicons showing) all the way across to the right edge.

If I right-clicked on one of the Favorites there, there is an option at the bottom that says "Add this Page to Favorites." The apparently is used to add the current page you're viewing to your Favorites. When you click on that link, you get a small window asking you for the Name (it auto uses the Title of the page as seen on the current tab) you want to save it as and the Favorites Folder you want to save it in.

The list of folders there 'seem' to be in reverse alphabetical order with 'Favorites Bar,' 'Other Favorites' and 'Choose Another Folder' at the bottom. They may be in order of most recently created, but I'm unsure. Can anyone comment on this?

I've attached a few images to show what I'm referring to.

What's happening is when you right click and choose 'Add this Page to Favorites,' you're adding the current page you're viewing to your Favorites. This seems to only show on the right-click menu when you right-click anywhere on the Favorites Bar. Not when you right click on the page itself, the current tab or address bar. I'm just unsure if that's the best place to only have that selection. Sure most will use the star located on the far right of the address bar to add the current page to Favorites but the right click option is either in the wrong place or not needed at all.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? See attachments for clarifications...
P.S. Don't judge my favorites. haha

rightclick001.jpgrightclick002.jpg

7 Replies

@ArkansasBen77 

Hi Ben,

I can concur & I find it to be somewhere between makes-no-sense & ridiculous.  Whether the star at the right end of address bar OR Rt Clk on a Favs Bar item, either way is, still, wanting to add the page being viewed... one can notice the K/B shortcut for both is Alt+D.  Why it's on the Rt Clk of Fav Bars items, good question; One wouldn't be trying to add a page (to Favs) that is, already, on the Favs Bar, anyway.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

Now I can kind of understand being able to right click on an empty/blank area of the Favorites bar over on the right (before the > ) to add the current page to your favorites, but right clicking on current favorites on the favorite bar doesn't make any sense.

Maybe the right click can't differentiate between clicking on an empty area and clicking on a current favorite on the favorite bar? Maybe it just sees you're right clicking on the favorites bar and it doesn't matter what part of it you're right clicking on.

Something the devs should look at.

@ArkansasBen77 

Ben,

I have reported it; others should, as well.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

Short of creating a thread here, how does one 'report' it or make suggestions to the team? Is that the most effective way to reach the Devs?

@ArkansasBen77 

Ben,

It is done via Mr. Smiley...  You'll see you get a 'dialogue' window that sends to the Team; can, even, include screenshots.

Mr. S.jpg

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

Gotcha. I used that back in early early versions of Windows 10 and haven't touched it since so I've forgotten about it. Thanks, I'll give that a try.

@ArkansasBen77 

You're welcome.