ntp shows white flash while opening

Deleted
Not applicable

This issue still persists in Version 80.0.361.9 (Official build) dev (64-bit)

12 Replies
You're using dark theme?
Nope! I'm on the light theme, It just appears for some milliseconds when you open a new tab then disappears.
Well it's normal on light theme.
this was an issue few months ago where the white flash would appear on dark theme, creating a shocking flash specially for night time users.
but when you are using light theme, everything is already light and white
No, it is still there on light theme.... If you notice carefully..... Light theme ntp is some type of greyish..... When you open ntp, whole page becomes white for some milliseconds even before loading top sites and bing search bar..... And then everything becomes normal
I know it's still there on the light theme, didn't say it isn't.
it was worse on dark theme because it used to display the same white flash when you were in dark theme, but now the flash is correctly displayed.
on light theme the flash is white and on dark theme the flash is black. all in line with the correct theme color.
Don't you think it would be much better without that **bleep**ty flash, opening the new tab would feel seamless and smooth. Now it looks buggy and laggy.

@Deleted 

@Deleted wrote:
Don't you think it would be much better without that **bleep**ty flash, opening the new tab would feel seamless and smooth. Now it looks buggy and laggy.

I actually took the time and tested it,

the whole browser is white in light theme. when users opens a new tab page, for a millisecond the white background is shown and after that the image of the day is loaded.

if you put the new tab page layout to custom, you will see the white background there too.

everything looks normal and isn't annoying or anything because the user already chose to use the light theme so they are okay with white color on their eyes.

Yes it isn't very annoying.... But a bug is a bug & it should be fixed.... Not only that flash is useless but makes the ntp opening feels slow.... Btw, if it doesn't annoy you and me, doesn't mean it won't annoy others, a bug is afterall a bug which should be fixed, because user experience should be seamless and fluent.

Not all bugs are worth fixing
https://blog.codinghorror.com/not-all-bugs-are-worth-fixing/

it annoyed users and me when white flash happened in dark theme and it got fixed couple months ago.
it has nothing to do with fluent or seamlessness.

Edit: I don't think it's a bug in the first place, i just used that term because you used it.

It's neither upto you nor upto me, it's totally upto Microsoft if they wanna fix it.... ( Obviously I know it's not a severe bug to give priority right now ) . Being a tester I want to make sure they know about it.
Btw I think it's a bug. why? Coz It sometime appears sometimes not, It's just totally white while the ntp theme is somewhat greyish, why flash? What's the use of it? Why tf it's even there? Sometimes it's pretty noticable and annoying.... So it would be better if they know, and I would always want them to fix it..... Why? COZ IT ANNOYS ME.......

@Deleted 

@Deleted wrote:
It's neither upto you nor upto me, it's totally upto Microsoft if they wanna fix it.... ( Obviously I know it's not a severe bug to give priority right now ) . Being a tester I want to make sure they know about it.
Btw I think it's a bug. why? Coz It sometime appears sometimes not, It's just totally white while the ntp theme is somewhat greyish, why flash? What's the use of it? Why tf it's even there? Sometimes it's pretty noticable and annoying.... So it would be better if they know, and I would always want them to fix it..... Why? COZ IT ANNOYS ME.......

I don't see any reason for all that cursing in your comments...

Sorry bro if it feels like some cursing..... It's just a reply and feedback...... Nothing else.... So cheers.