Notifications break on macOS after every update

Copper Contributor

Every time I install an update of Microsoft Edge Dev, website notifications stop working. 

I can work around this by deleting Microsoft Edge Dev from the Notifications Preference Pane (below) so the system asks for my permission again, but this isn’t ideal and I frequently forget to do so. Is there something you can do to make notifications work across updates?

Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 13.52.12.png

I am currently using Microsoft Edge Dev 91.0.864.11 on macOS Big Sur 11.3.

2 Replies

Hi @harbortype, you are welcome to the Microsoft Edge Insider Community Hub!

Thanks for reporting the issue here. I would recommend you to send feedback about this bug through the in-app feedback tool in Microsoft Edge (Alt+Shift+I) with the diagnostics attached in order to help the Microsoft Edge dev team to resolve your issue as soon as possible.

I've been getting this same problem even with the stable channel. The only way to resolve is to completely uninstall Edge. ie. move it to the bin and then remove all the left over parts everywhere and then reinstall. Works perfectly again until the next few updates and then breaks again. Thankfully onetab manages to keep my open tabs. It is a pain. I have tried alot of things before giving and and doing the complete uninstall. Nothing else worked.