Not working with Sharepoint - very frustrating

Bronze Contributor

On a mac, using latest Dev build of Edge.

* navigate to a document (Classic view in Sharepoint Online), right click on document, select Open In App. Get the proper pop-up (I guess, I would prefer not to have the popup), click Ok, and it takes me to a "Check In Document" page which makes no sense, the document is not even checked out.

I have submitted this several times through the submit feedback button.

I think this is for both the Edge team AND the Sharepoint team. The Sharepoint team at microsoft should be testing Edge aggressively.

Back to Safari for now, at least for Sharepoint.

Rob.

3 Replies

@Rob O'Keefe Thank you for reporting this. Do you see the same behavior on other Microsoft Edge channels, like Canary, Beta, and/or Stable? And if you have access to a PC, we'd be really interested to hear if this happens on that device too.

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

@Rob O'Keefe I just passed this along to one of our devs, and they were not able to reproduce that behavior. Are you using Sharepoint Classic? If so, they recommend giving the newest version of Sharepoint a try, and letting us know if that doesn't resolve the issue.

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

@Deleted 

Thanks for the quick response, I appreciate it. It started happening about 2-3 weeks ago in Dev channel.

This is Classic interface (stated in OP), Edge Version 84.0.516.1 (Official build) Dev (64-bit).

I don't think happening on Windows, just Mac. I know Mac is a smaller percentage platform.

We have a couple sites in Modern but are not fully cutting over until later in the year.