Not Responding again

Silver Contributor

Ok, NASA we have a problem... Every time I try to fill in any type of form whether it be updating an account with name address etc.. Canary stop responding to a point where I have to close it as it never recovers from it and there is never a crash report to send in from "edge://crashes".  I can Not ever send in feedback on it because just trying to fill the boxes in canary stops responding.... Version 82.0.422.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)

Annotation 2020-02-12 120954.jpg

Annotation 2020-02-12 122749.jpg

Annotation 2020-02-12 122827.jpg

Annotation 2020-02-12 122907.jpg

Annotation 2020-02-12 122937.jpg

Dennis5mile

3 Replies

@Dennis5mile Oh no, I'm sorry to see that you're running into the browser being unresponsive again. (I had hoped you were in the clear!)

If you can't submit a log, can you please (if you're comfortable) give us as many details as possible here, like device specs or diagnostics? And do you see the same thing if you try our other channels (Dev, Beta, Stable) and other chromium browsers?

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

I found a way to send in feedback on it by writing the problem in notepad and then doing a copy/paste into the feedback form, attaching photo and all other system info yesterday. It seems it stops responding when typing in text boxes in certain form fields and especially for some reason you do a lot of backspacing/deleting text... very odd...

Dennis5mile

@Dennis5mile That is very interesting... good to know that it seems specifically related to typing in the field, though. I'm glad to hear that you were able to find a creative solution to submit that feedback!

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge