SOLVED

Not in Edge C

Silver Contributor

FWIW, thought I'd show the things & choices in Edge & not in Edge C that many people have discussed.  The real caveat here is, Edge C does not have "Show on toolbar", at all. Edge C has all the same useable (in this context) items except, it's missing Reading List & Books. (Also)  In Edge the User can decide what goes up top or not. Is this another time to say, Edge C is, presently, unfinished?  And... will we, indeed, have this ⬇ by release?

Pick & Choose.jpg

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

7 Replies

@Drew1903 

If these haven't already been relayed to the developers, I will make sure they are.

Gabriel

@v-gapart 

Good on you, Gabriel, for that:exclamation_mark: :thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

I take it you realised it was supposed to say "Show in toolbar" not, the original typo of 'taskbar'.  It has been corrected in the OP.

Thanks again that you are pursuing this to the most suitable places.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

@Drew1903 

The Screenshot with Annotations helped to show what you had meant.

Gabriel

@v-gapart 

It might be an option for Search Bar, but not adjacent Extensions Bar, since many folks have twice more extensions in hidden overflow area now. No need for such default feature crowding on top. 

Generally, many of these "obvious" transfers need user voting. Some folks claim "must have" for anything old Edge related, but support from other users may be slim to none - just look the old Edge usage stats.

@v-gapart 

Well, then that's terrific.  As is said, "A picture is worth a thousand words"

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

best response confirmed by Drew1903 (Silver Contributor)
Solution

@sambul95 @v-gapart 

Yes, certainly, the browser is built for global application & use and has to be geared to the majority of (potential) End Users.

In all fairness a distinction can be made between (1) a new item or function someone requests to be added which, that person feels is a requirement OR (2) a finite list of existing things repeatedly mentioned by what seems to be most Users.  It is the latter which has been generally and usually termed "Must haves" & "Keepers". 

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

@Drew1903 

That's the problem on this forum frequent by old Edge fans some folks claim "most users opinion", even if no-one else is asking. That's why Edge team went to Reddit speaking with broader audience. For that reason I suggest to introduce "Edge feature voting portal". :smiling_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Drew1903 (Silver Contributor)
Solution

@sambul95 @v-gapart 

Yes, certainly, the browser is built for global application & use and has to be geared to the majority of (potential) End Users.

In all fairness a distinction can be made between (1) a new item or function someone requests to be added which, that person feels is a requirement OR (2) a finite list of existing things repeatedly mentioned by what seems to be most Users.  It is the latter which has been generally and usually termed "Must haves" & "Keepers". 

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

View solution in original post