SOLVED

No tooltip on links

Deleted
Not applicable

After updating to canary 79.0.292.0 and subsequent versions, there is no tooltip when hovering over links or tabs on any website i.e. google, youtube, this forum. Enabling/disabling "Tab Hover Cards" flag doesn't help. Are there any other people facing this problem? If not, can someone help me? It is very annoying. I have to click the link just to read the full title of the page. 

4 Replies

@Deleted  - Yup.. Same version, same problem.  However, enabling Tab Hover Cards worked for me. 

best response
Solution

Thank you @Deleted, I am also able to reproduce this issue on the latest Canary build.  This is a known issue that has come in from upstream Chromium.  There is a fix ready and we are working on merging it into our branch. Thanks - Elliot

Personally, I don't like tab hover cards as they elide the title of tabs. When I hover over a tab I want to see the full title.

Why did you guys go for Aura tooltips? I've seen developers use native win32 tooltips from File Explorer.

@Deleted The tooltips are back in version 79.0.297.0.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response
Solution

Thank you @Deleted, I am also able to reproduce this issue on the latest Canary build.  This is a known issue that has come in from upstream Chromium.  There is a fix ready and we are working on merging it into our branch. Thanks - Elliot

View solution in original post