No push notifications on edge chronium (stable)

Copper Contributor

I'm using Windows 10, the latest version (2004) and Edge Chronium stable version and even though I enabled push notifications on sites like Facebook, they are not working at all.

Push notifications are displaying properly on Google Chrome, I'll share a screenshot:

https://i.imgur.com/IoiTtI9.png

Any microsoft developer here who can fix this? where can I contact a microsoft developer to fix this?

4 Replies

@Adrianf091 

Hi there, you are welcome to the Microsoft Edge Insider Community Hub!

Thanks for reporting the issue here. I would also recommend you to send feedback about this bug through the in-app feedback tool in Microsoft Edge (Alt+Shift+I) with the diagnostics attached in order to help the Microsoft Edge dev team to resolve your issue as soon as possible.

Spoiler
Any microsoft developer here who can fix this? where can I contact a microsoft developer to fix this?

I can tell you this is the best place to contact Microsoft developers because this is the place where Microsoft Developers, PMs, CMs are there. You can also get in touch on Reddit and Twitter.

@TheShaunSaw I already used the built-in tool on edge chromium to send the issue but I haven't received any reply.

I've already posted on reddit but no one replied: https://www.reddit.com/r/windowsinsiders/comments/hywbv1/no_push_notifications_on_edge_chromium_stab...

@Adrianf091 

Sorry for the late reply, the subreddits of Microsoft Edge are as follows:

1. r/edge 
  2. r/MicrosoftEdge 

April 2021, 89.0.774.75 x64 stable - still the same issue on most websites.

I am currently concerned about this on Twitter, as notifications of important tweets or direct messages are important to me, whereas a constantly open Twitter would annoy me and drive me insane.

Curious thing is: With Mastodon (decentralized, free Twitter alternative - I use it via zettelkasten.social) this problem does not occur. Even if I disable all extensions and temporarily turn off tracking protection I was not able to get Push-notifications on Twitter.

It would be really nice if someone from the Edge-team could comment on this. You can't seem to reach anyone via reddit nor Edge-Feedback.

donbronko_0-1618231924829.png