New window resize and move performance degradation in 89.0.774.48 during 1080p playback

Brass Contributor

I've noticed a pretty bad browser window performance degradation during 1080p video playback (e.g, Twitch or YouTube) when opening a new window and moving it or resizing it. As soon as I cease playback or close the active media tab, window performance is not as bad. This started happening recently and as of writing I am on 89.0.774.48.

Is this a recently logged issue with the Edge team?

5 Replies

@HotCakeX 

In the previous version, I had problems freezing and slowing down. 89.0.174.50 after updating to this version, it started to work more stably.

Ekran Alıntısı.PNG

89.0.774.50 made zero difference. Please only speculate and reply pointing to exact resolved issues. The issue is also reproducible on Dev and Beta branch.

@AaronMT 

@AaronMT wrote:

89.0.774.50 made zero difference. Please only speculate and reply pointing to exact resolved issues. The issue is also reproducible on Dev and Beta branch.

I'm not speculating, I pointed you towards the change log, you can see whether there is anything related to your situation or not.

it says: "Fixed various bugs and performance issues."

also you had an older version of Edge, simply said to you to upgrade.

Which OS/build are you on?

have you tried turning off your extensions see if it makes any difference? edge://extensions/

p.s the best way to submit feedback about performance is using the feedback button on Edge, it will send additional log and data that can help find and fix any problem.

press Edge's (...) menu => Help and feedback => Send feedback