New Tab

Brass Contributor

I love the new Edge UI, but I would like to suggest more options for New Tab customization. I think that it would be nice if you could change up the New Tab a little bit. I think a dark theme for the new tab would be nice to go along with the rest of dark theme, or options to move or take off completely the most used sites boxes. The option to change the search engine used by the search bar on the new tab would be nice. Also the choice of choosing your own images to display on the new tab instead of the Microsoft daily image. The news could also be more customizable. Thanks for all your hard work!

5 Replies
Great feature. +1
Would be great if you could set the new tab to be the same as the startup tab

Hi@Sam_Bradley 

all of the features you suggested are available now

last one is: New Feature in Edge Canary: set Custom picture in the New Tab Page

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/discussions/new-feature-in-edge-canary-set-custom-picture-in-...

@HotCakeX 

I have definitely noticed many of these improvements. Thanks for telling me about the latest one. :) (I usually use the Dev channel, rather than Canary and hadn't seen that option until you pointed it out). I am a huge fan of this browser now, especially the ability to use any site like a PWA, and have almost no problems with it now (except for the awful download process).

You're welcome, I agree with you on that too :)