New Tab Page

Brass Contributor

Hi, since updates to canary 77.0.218.0 and 77.0.220.0 today the problem continues (I've reported this through send feedback). I have my settings for new tab page in custom layout only with image of the day but it shows a blank page.

Thanks.

9 Replies
have ou autorised the cookie or locked it, if you have blocked the wrong cookie it's normal

@josegime47 

Hi Jose,

I hadn't noticed or discovered this because, I was not using the default New tab page.  Anyway, I switched off 'my' NTP & yes, (the default) NTP is broken.  I do repro what you describe.  We should all report it & I imagine it will be corrected in an updated Build, soon.  Myself, I have reported it with a screen shot.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

i think it's a bug from you settings, because i haven't this problem
More likely, suggests it is not being seen by all Users. But, yet, is, still, a big or something 'broken'. The only settings are the On/Off toggles, to which, for some, it is not behaving as set. This was not the case at some point in the past

Good you are ok.

Cheers,
Drew

Sent from my Windows Phone

@Drew1903@nastyaaelisya

Thanks for all your responses.
I don't think it's a problem with settings or cookies, because I haven't changed anything and was working until update 218.
What I can gather is that this problem is localized (Nastyaaelisya does not have it, Drew1903 could reproduce it).
Will wait for future updates and keep you informed.
It would be a good idea that, in the future, I can set my own image in the start page, like other browsers.
Thanks again.

@josegime47 

Apparently has been fixed in 77.0.221.0.
Thanks.

Hi @josegime47 can you and anyone else who is seeing this issue post the settings configuration you are using on the NTP and if you have changed any flags on the edge://flags page?  This will help us narrow down where this problem could be coming from.

Thanks - Elliot

@josegime47 @Elliot Kirk 

Version 77.0.221.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)

Yes, Jose, it is ok, (again), now.  I reckoned it would not take the Team long to put it right.

Oh, Elliot, it's ok, now :smiling_face_with_smiling_eyes: We won't be giving you any of the requested info ;) But, thanks for caring :thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

One thing is clear... Mr. :) does listen :ear:

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

@Elliot Kirk 

No matter, i´ll respond anyway.
The first question is in the first comment: "I have my settings for new tab page in custom layout only with image of the day".
The second: only the flag about tracking prevention.
But as I said yesterday the issue has been fixed in 77.0.221.0
Thanks.