SOLVED

new tab page not displaying settings in Version 88.0.685.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)

Iron Contributor

Hi,

At least for me my new tab page doesn't give me the option to change any of my setting's, all it displays is the edge emblem. I've never seen behavior like this before, does anyone else have this issue, and if so how did you correct it ?

David

2020-11-01.png

15 Replies

@Davy49 Same issue and the "Customize new tab" link takes you back to the same page

I have the exact same problem. I'm not sure if this is intentional or a bug.

I can't do without the quicklinks!

Hi,

I feel better now knowing I'm not the only user having the same issue, hopefully the developer's will take notice of this and offer a solution for it. Stay Safe !!

David

@Davy49 I have the same problem but mine is on v86

Same issue here. Happened while I was using the browser around 6am this morning. Under Settings-Customize, it just takes me back to the same splash page. Version 86.0.622.58 (Official build) (64-bit) 

EDIT: Same behavior on Beta and Canary versions

@Chris-Edge  Yeah, I didn't catch that, I'm on Version 86.0.622.58 but won't show any updates.

I think this is due to some new cookie handling because when I try to customise it in the canary build(newly installed) through settings page it sends me into main page but makes me accept some cookies and when i try to say yes it reloads and disappears

Same issue here. However, I'm wondering if it's at all related to the time change last night? I was using my computer until around midnight and I didn't notice this, but this morning I've also had issues with other web sites' certificates. 

This is a placeholder tab which shows when you have now internet connection, something happened on the server-side which set picture of the day, news etc I guess.
Henry08,
Thanks to everyone who replied to my question, I feel sure that the developer's will address the issue in due time.
David
Hi All,
At least for now I changed the page the browser starts up on to: https://www.msn.com/ , also my homepage as well.
David
best response confirmed by Davy49 (Iron Contributor)

@Davy49 thanks for reporting this. It was a known issue over the weekend that hit our service, so this was impacting all different channels for a period of time. It should be fixed now, though.

-John

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Davy49 (Iron Contributor)