SOLVED

New tab page in Microsoft Edge

Silver Contributor

From a few days, I am seeing that the New tab page is getting updated on the top left side of the screen very frequently. 

I would suggest these things on those new features:

1. I liked the new Microsoft 365 menu available on the top left but I would suggest that this feature should be given as toggle on/off settings in the New Tab Page settings menu as not all users will like this menu due to their own choices.
  2. The conversion of temperatures has been made easy in the latest Canary update, by hovering the cursor on the temperature on New Tab Page a person can directly click different temperature unit(degrees C/degrees F) in order to change them but I think that the units can be changed sometimes accidentally also, so I would suggest this feature go into the New Tab Page settings menu.
3 Replies

@TheShaunSaw Thanks for the unique feedback! Feel free to also submit this through the browser so that the New Tab Page team can keep it together with their other suggestions. :)

And to clarify with your first point: can you elaborate a bit more on how having a toggle in the settings menu would improve the experience? We've heard from a number of users that they prefer to have those types of options adjustable directly from the feature, rather than needing to find it in the settings page.

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

@Deleted 

Thank you, I submitted this feedback through Microsoft Edge also.

Spoiler
And to clarify with your first point: can you elaborate a bit more on how having a toggle in the settings menu would improve the experience? We've heard from a number of users that they prefer to have those types of options adjustable directly from the feature, rather than needing to find it in the settings page.

I am suggesting to put this toggle under the New Tab Page settings menu and not through in-feature because:

1. The toggle cannot be added to the Microsoft 365 menu as if the toggle would have been added there and somebody would have turned it off, then that menu will disappear forever as the setting to turn on/off the menu was in the menu and the setting has turned the menu option to disappear.
  2. If this toggle was on the Microsoft Office Online website or in apps website such as Word Online, Excel Online, etc. then, this would be cumbersome for users who do not use Microsoft Office or only use Desktop version as they would have to go to the website and then find that setting in the file tab or somewhere else and turn off which could have been easy if the toggle was added to the NTP settings menu.

At last, I want to say that I am liking the Microsoft 365 menu feature on the New Tab Page as I use office online but I want to say that all users will not use this feature and some users would like to turn off the menu. So, a toggle for that feature should be added.

best response confirmed by TheShaunSaw (Silver Contributor)
Solution

@TheShaunSaw Great, thanks for both providing those details and for submitting them through the feedback function!

Fawkes (they/them)

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by TheShaunSaw (Silver Contributor)
Solution

@TheShaunSaw Great, thanks for both providing those details and for submitting them through the feedback function!

Fawkes (they/them)

View solution in original post